Friday, February 22, 2008

Let's Insult the Pregnant Girl, Installment 47

At Walgreens, earlier today.

Middle-aged female cashier: How much time you got left? (nodding at the large belly)

Anth: Two months.

MAFC (eyes bug out): Two months?

Anth smiles politely.

MAFC: You look just like my daughter did when she was pregnant. She couldn't see her feet.

Anth thinks, Yeah like any other pregnant girl.

MAFC: She gained 96 pounds.

Anth tries not to laugh at the idea that she in any way resembles MAFC's daughter.*

Anth: That poor girl. (Leaves hurriedly.)


*My sympathies to any of you if you gained 96 pounds while pregnant. But one cannot blame that level of weight gain on pregnancy and a bad thyroid. It's just not gonna fly, sugar.

7 comments:

Chastity said...

Haha, that's pretty funny. Not that you doubted this, but you do not look like you've gained nearly a hundred pounds, lol. I still can't believe she said that. I have a close friend who apparently gained over 80 pounds when she was pregnant, and she will openly tell you that it was all b/c she ate way too much. I can't even imagine.

Melain said...

Dude. Is that a JOKE?! How...the...HECK ... are you being compared to a hundred pounder?! What are you; up 25 pounds?
psh. Whatever. You look fabulous.

Jules said...

I think you should have told her "I'm actually quite small for someone expecting quadruplets" , and then have given her and evil smile and sauntered off. :)

Just Because

Cassie said...

Oh my goodness! Well, you look fantastic. I can't imagine gaining a hundred pounds...yikes! Although, I AM almost at the point where I can't see my feet... ;o)

Christy said...

Holy guacamole! 96 pounds is INSANE. My friend J gained 75 pounds, and I thought that was INSANE.

Stefanie said...

Yikes! I can only imagine the back pain you would get with that much weight.

EdgyK said...

I think there's an aura that pregnant people put out that makes people want to say the rudest thing they can possibly think of, they seem to lose all tact. Thanks for the story maybe with more awareness we can decrease the chance of this happening to other pregnant girls. I feel bad for the girls who do gain a lot of weight and someone saying that to them. How devastating that must be.