The winner is...Christy! She is so fabulous, huh. You should go over to her blog and tell her so!
1. I cleaned toilets to pay the bills during college. True. For a month. And I woke up at 3:30 in the morning to do it, too. I got off work at 7:30 and would go back to sleep for a few hours until my classes (being me, my first class that semester was at noon). The only way I was able to function at work was because it's completely possible to clean toilets only half awake. And boys? have the worst.aim.ever. So gross.
2. I broke my clavicle trying to do a headstand when I was thirteen. False. My mother did. I've yet to break a bone.
3. I was briefly engaged to a Jewish guy in my hometown in NY. False. I've never even dated a Jewish guy. Though there were many of them in NY. Not so many here in Oregon.
4. I was treasurer of the College Republicans for a year. False. I went to one College Republicans meeting with my roommate. I think she was like the VP or something. I don't really remember.
5. I married my college roommate's ex-boyfriend. True. My old roommate and my husband dated in high school. I met him (through her) when she was engaged to someone else and high school was ancient history. But I love saying it because it sounds so shocking. Ha ha
6. I learned to cook from my French Canadian grandmother. Heavy on the cream. False. I never lived very close to my grandmother, didn't spend much time around her. The only thing I remember her teaching me is how to roll a ball of yarn. And she's only nominally French Canadian, since she was born and bred in upstate NY.
7. My future husband and I decided to date exclusively on our second date. False. Try the opposite.
8. I caught mono from my high school boyfriend. False. I got mono over the summer between my junior and senior years of college. My boyfriend who was in CA for the summer teased me profusely about how I might have caught the kissing disease. (And no, I didn't catch it from cheating on him! Ha ha)