Good things about my trip:
- Hanging out with my family, especially my brothers Pat & John. They are really funny and we laughed our heads off.
- Hanging out with L. She is cool! She drives a BMW now. How posh. We had a lot of fun talking on a long walk around the golf course behind the resort.
- Swimming in a crater. The water is always 95 degrees. It was really amazing.
Bad things about my trip:
- Baby E went to bed late almost every night. This meant she woke up EARLY almost every morning. Doesn't make sense, does it. Well, it's true. The nights she went to bed late, she woke up in the morning around 6 am. (tooooooo early) The nights she went to bed on time (all 2 of them), she slept until 7 (acceptable). Since I went to bed at midnight every night, and slept well zero nights, this added up to an exhausted me.
- Baby E was overwhelmed and extremely clingy all week. As in, couldn't go more than two feet from her without her freaking out. Couldn't eat breakfast, couldn't get dressed, without Baby E crying. The child just does not travel well and I see no reason to torture myself again by pretending that "maybe she's outgrown it by now" (which is what I thought just before this trip).
- Trip was extremely disorganized and a lot of time was wasted. When you go on a trip with 11 people, you expect some of this though.
- We spent a lot of time dealing with my sister E's crap. A LOT OF TIME. It really annoyed me that I spent ANY of my vacation sitting in the back of a rented minivan while my dad powwowed with the mechanic fixing E's crappy car. And picking her up at work and driving around for her while she whined about how broke she is (yet bought a $200 guitar in the past month). She lies to everyone and we are all getting really frustrated about that. Too much time spent on E's drama.
- My mom's favorite outfit was stolen when she asked my little brother to put it next to the car right before our picnic. The dirty thief also stole the bread and chips for our picnic. RUDE. My mom freaked out because it was her absolute favorite outfit and do you know how hard it is to find pants that fit and are comfortable?????
- I spent half the week on a 4-inch-thick mattress. Yuck.
I need a vacation from my vacation.
However, I think it was all worth it just to hear my crazy uncle Geno say to poor trapped L at a dingy restaurant in Heber City:
"Well, you know what happens when you live in one of those communes?"
L shakes her head.
"You get AIDS."