Thursday, March 09, 2006

My Job

I'm kind of ambivalent about my job right now. I like money. I like most of my co-workers. I like that I am late every day and no one says anything (I don't take lunches, so I still put in 8 hours). I don't like that there are 6 piles on my desk, each of which represents at least an entire day of work. However, if I could tackle these piles undisturbed, it wouldn't be so bad. But every day I get a big pile of mail. Every day I get at least 10 phone calls, most of which require 20-60 minutes of work to resolve. Right now, since it's my Friday (I luuuuurve working Mon-Thurs), and it's 4:30 in the afternoon, my desire to be at work is at about a negative 11. Though the baby is keeping me entertained by making my belly do the wave.
Tomorrow some of my friends are meeting for a girls' night. I'm not sure if I'm going to attend. I'm even more of a homebody lately. Plus, one of the girls has an infant, but by all accounts (I haven't seen her myself) is back to her old size. So like, hi, why do I want to star as the big pregnant girl? Even though yes yes, everyone tells me I don't look pregnant from behind. But I can't see my behind! All I see is this belly! Ha ha
The sandwich lady at Safeway said I look like I'm about ready to pop. I nicely told her I have three months to go. Thankfully, I felt only annoyance. Plus, I couldn't be too annoyed, because she then magically deduced I am having a girl. How did she do that?!??! She claims to have 90% accuracy. She further claimed she was able to tell how many of her friend's dog's litter were going to be female. This I found slightly disturbing. Now I wonder, if I was having twins, would she still be able to guess? What about triplets? Would she tilt her head, peer at my belly, and pronounce "Two girls, one boy"? Hmmm.

No comments: