Thursday, May 24, 2007

How I Spend My Evenings When My Husband Is Gone


Baby E gets wild.

I watched The Painted Veil last night. It is a beautiful movie. I definitely recommend it. Don't try to make your SO watch it though. Unless he goes for sensitive, thought-provoking period dramas. Yeah. I didn't think so.

I watched Because I Said So the night before. I do not recommend it. Absolutely ridiculous. Also Diane Keaton was obviously allowed to dress herself. I have not seen such bad fashion since I went to Wal-Mart a few weeks ago.

I finished reading The Politically Incorrect Guide to Science. Enjoyable. I found the chapter on AIDS especially interesting. Did you know an AIDS diagnosis in Africa does not require an HIV test?

I tried to read Cocktails for Three by Madeline Wickham, but the writing was poor.

Now I'm reading The Spellman Files and it's certainly light, but amusing enough.

I'm too lazy to find links for all this stuff. Just watch The Painted Veil, would ya?

* * *

Baby E figured out how to open the cabinet doors. Mmm, fun times. My friend Cami recommended the following solution:

which is working quite well. It prevents this little cutie:

from getting into the toxic cleansers and dirty potatoes, but enables me to easily access said cleansers and potatoes.

Baby E's favorite thing to do:

Read the Sephora catalog.

6 comments:

Marty, a.k.a. canape said...

So what are Baby E's hair care recommendations?

Jihan Zencirli said...

Herein, a Stalker's Confession Revealed:

Wonder Woman-
Remember in my post that I mentioned learning how to see who looks at my Blog? You, having linked my Blog to yours, came up on the "report". I had already found you by the time you emailed me yesterday… and had completely read your Blog- start to finish. Yep. Whole thing. So perhaps I am the stalker after all:)
DH knows Melain? Funny. We're in the same ward, and have somehow found ourselves on silly adventures together!

You left me such wonderful compliments on my Blog! Thank you! From reading your Blog and admiring your thoughts, I appreciate your kind words even more! I’d love to go bargain shopping with you and Baby E the next time you come to Seattle! :)

So, I have to ask… Does any of your family know about your Blog? I’m envious of your open voice when speaking of frustrations and irritations! But I wonder if they’ve ever read about it? My mom reads my Blog daily, so there’s no chance for therapeutic venting about her overbearing personality and loud voice… :) A charmed life you lead, dear Superhero.

Christy said...

I like your style of babyproofing. I think I can handle tape. Great idea!

Melain said...

Seriously... does Diane Keaton even own a mirror? Does she have any true friends in her life that will force her to the front side of one and tell her what an assclown she making of herself? These are the questions that keep me up at night.

Tonight's my night without a husband. I find myself lost in the world of blog while whispering sweet nothings to an entire pint of Ben & Jerry's 'Chubby Hubby'. Oh, the irony.

AM said...

She is just so cute.

Isabel said...

Dude, that kid is PRECIOUS. And I want to eat her for lunch.