Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Less than 100 days left

(Give or take) If I really think about that, it freaks me out, so I try not to. Though I've been having more and more dreams in which I have already had the baby, and she is a part of our lives, and those are cool. I've also been having some really freaked up dreams, like I am with a team of explorers and we are trying to capture a tiger in Antarctica (???). And the past week or so, my sleep has been SHOT. Restless, can't get comfortable, constantly tossing and turning. I think I even accidentally woke the baby up the other night from rolling over yet again, because she started kicking me. She is getting strong, i.e., sometimes her kicks HURT.
I had a doctor's appt Friday morning. Dh couldn't come because he had to appear in court. *Superhero Girl pauses to pout.* I'd gained 8 lbs in the past month, which kind of freaked me out, but the doctor said it was fine, she said I had been lagging in the weight gain department. (Plus pregnancy twin Ann told me Friday she has gained the same amount I have, and she's totally fit and looking good, so yay.) Dh and I spent the day doing our separate chores (he worked on the bookcase - which is almost done! - and I did dishes and laundry). I tagged along with him to the Army Surplus store - my first time; that was interesting. I especially liked the flag that featured a skull with rifles crossed underneath it that read "Mess with the best / Die like the rest." In fact, I almost bought it.
Saturday Dh had training, so I got to spend the day as I pleased! I laid in bed reading a book until 11 or so (The Price of Motherhood by Ann Crittenden), then rolled over to Ross where I scored some kitchen stuff for mucho cheapo, and even a cute maternity tee with cap sleeves.**
Saturday night we went to a really fun party. Basically an unofficial elder's quorum social since that was the crowd. But it was good times - I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Then we went to the Bottoms' and watched a movie with them.
Sunday afternoon I crashed. (See above paragraph re recent lack of quality sleep) I conked out for about 2.5 hours. Dh woke me up when it was time to head over to Rainbow & DJ's for dinner. After dinner (who knew whole wheat spaghetti is actually pretty good?!), Dh played with their girls (they have 3 - their ages are 8, 5, & 2) for a long time. Rainbow and I marveled at his increased patience and enjoyment. When we first became friends, Dh played with the girls for about 5 minutes, and then was done. Sunday they played for like 30-45 minutes! He especially enjoyed playing with their 2-year-old, who is at that stage where she giggles tons and has great zest for life. Rainbow teased him that there was definitely no way he can continue to claim that he scares children (a ridiculous statement he used to make frequently - the reality was he was scared of children).
Yesterday I tried a new recipe - Pepper Steak with Squash & Mushrooms. I was a little hesitant - butternut squash is awfully "vegetably" and Dh is notorious for his meat n potatoes stance on food. But I think he liked it even more than I did! I watched in open-mouthed amazement as he chowed down on the squash! It's fun to cook for a guy who will try anything once, and is man enough to admit when he likes something unexpected. *wink*
Today I don't feel so hot. Another sore throat. I think I'm going to go home early and make myself some chicken noodle soup and maybe a grilled cheese sandwich. Mmm for comfort food!

**Why do all the maternity tops have 3/4 length sleeves??? I am sick of them! I have nice arms! They are thin! They are made for cap sleeves! They hate being cooped up in 3/4 length sleeves!

2 comments:

Katie said...

Oh man, I totally laughed out loud at the cap sleeves comment. Priceless!

Isabel said...

I hate capped sleeves. How funny!

Sounds like things are going well (except for the lack of sleep, sorry about that!)