Wednesday, February 15, 2006

24 Weeks

We took a mini-holiday this weekend down to southern Oregon, including Crater Lake. It was great. And SUNNY!!! It made me realize how much I miss the sun; I don't see it all that often in the winter in western Oregon. It was in the mid-40s, but the sun made things so toasty! At Crater Lake, we spread out a sleeping bag on top of the snow (of which there was a TON - pics to come soon) and had a picnic! And then took a nap! Aah, delish! Then our friends joined us. It was fun to have another couple of hang out with. What we did not realize is their 3-year-old son is possibly the whiniest child this side of the Mississippi. It freaked Dh out. On the way home, I gently reminded him of another 3-year-old child of our acquaintance who is about as chill as you can get. My message being, not all 3-year-olds are incredibly whiny. I think that helped him relax again somewhat. Thank goodness for that little girl! Ha ha Anyway, it was really nice to get out of town for a while.
V-Day was pleasant. I very unsubtly suggested to Dh that he have flowers delivered to my office. You have to understand, when we got married his idea of a nice bouquet for me was a bunch of carnations in horrible, bright, unnatural colors, (read: the cheapest thing at Safeway). So for him to send roses to my office denotes true progress. And it only took 4 years! Ha ha We got takeout from the Indian restaurant. I discovered to my delight that Chicken Tikka Masala does not give me heartburn! Yay!
I think I'm going to skip yoga tonight. Our house is a disaster and I want to pick up a little and then just lay in bed naked doing the crossword.
Baby's parties are getting longer and stronger. I've also noticed she really seems to like food. I say this because she parties for 15-20 minutes every time I eat. It's like, "Okay, okay, Baby, I get it, you want food!"
I am still getting mixed messages from people. Am I showing lots or not? The jury is still out. My m-i-l says my belly is huge; my co-worker said I look like I am only 3 months along. I'm pretty good at tuning it out (actually, that's not true - I delight in the comments that I am small, and am getting really good at tuning out the "Look how big you are!" comments). The only one who is allowed to delight in my bigness is Dh. Because it's cute when he does it.
The senior partner took the firm out to lunch. Conveniently (and coincidentally), a good quarter of the staff was out today, and a few chose not to attend, so he really only had to treat 7 people to lunch (there are 14 people in the firm). Food always tastes better when I'm not paying for it. And the bread with honey butter was so good, two of my co-workers and I got the waitress to bring us extra and we boxed it up, and I inherited almost all of it, so maybe I will just gorge on that tonight! Yum!
I got the first true baby present yesterday, from Ruthie up in the Seattle office. She's never even met me, but she got me a gift, how cute is that? It was a toy that you are basically required to have in your home:

Of course, upon unwrapping it, Dh and I dumped out all the shapes and put them back in. Ruthie rocks.

1 comment:

Isabel said...

I love that Tupperware toy thingy. We had a ton of them when I was a kid. I didn't know they still made them!!