Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Yesterday was the worst Monday in recent history. My co-worker MH, who happens to be my visiting teacher, attempted to stab me in the back by leaving a scathing note about my supposed inabilities on the office calendar database, knowing that not only would my boss see it, but also anyone who happened to check the calendar. Fortunately I intercepted it before Kevin even arrived yesterday. I have no idea who else saw it; I know my friend Rachel did because she commiserated with me about it later that day. Now, Kevin’s BS radar is pretty finely tuned (it has to be, for where we work), but the fact that she even tried to pull that is what really torques me. It’s kind of like some chick trying to flirt with your husband. It pisses you off - not because you think he will flirt back, but because the chick has the gall to try. Which I SO suspect she did Saturday. That doesn’t really bother me though, because dh summed up his opinion of her in one word: hoochie. I couldn’t have said it better, dh.
When I talked to her about the note in the calendar, she brushed it off, and I couldn’t really get into it because there was another girl in the room, and the phones were ringing like crazy (MH is one of the receptionists). I think I will bring it up to her again Wednesday. I hate having to do this kind of crap, because I do not like confrontations (just ask my old roommates...erm, but not my husband ha ha). I will suck up a lot of crap before I will start a fight or get in someone’s face. But I have taken enough crap from this brat. I have had it up to here. This has been going on for way too long, and frankly I am letting myself be bullied by her.
All day at work I was running around like a chicken with its head cut off, because I had two emergency cases to prepare, and Kevin was just back from his week-long conference in San Diego, and then of course it was Monday so every client and his brother had to call in and interrupt me every five minutes.
Then on the way home everyone was driving like complete idiots, and I almost hit some guy because I didn’t check my blind spot while changing lanes, so I guess that would make me driving like a complete idiot as well. And the turn signal light didn’t turn green for two rounds, like it couldn’t sense my car, and by that point I was ready to cry.
When I arrived home, dh was nowhere to be found. I called the Relief Society President, who upon a brief explanation quickly agreed to assign me a different visiting teacher. Dh had gone fishing that afternoon, but upon arriving home was very sympathetic to my plight. In fact, his response was, “Do you want me to make her cry?” which was cute, if a little unrighteous. I thanked him for his offer, but declined. Then we went to see “The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy,” which I enjoyed more than he, since I’ve read the book and am better at “getting” British humor.
Today I am home sick with a sore throat and croaky voice. And my birthday was last Thursday. Woo-hoo for me! Dh took me out for Indian Thursday, then my friends for Mexican Friday. And JW got me a shirt that reads, "Anthropologists do it in the dirt," which now that I have I am too embarrassed to actually wear anywhere. Ha ha

No comments: