Monday, December 06, 2010

In Which I Cry Over Shredded Cheese and Invent the Next Big Thing Whilst Sleeping


I got this baby on Black Friday for a sweet price. And I didn't even have to get up early. We rolled out of the house at 8 and wandered into Bi-Mart around 10, where I saw that not only was the 9-cup food processor on big sale, it had an extra $20 mail-in rebate. SOLD! The next day I shredded vast amounts of cheddar in 3 seconds and wept great tears of happiness.

Last night I had a cuh-razy dream. It included spiders that Dh & I planned to eat for dinner and a newscaster carrying my groceries for me at Winco. I have no idea where my subconscious comes up with this stuff. Anyway, at one point in my dream I was using the facilities and the bathroom contained a combination gum dispenser and toilet paper roll holder. How genius is that? Someone show me how to patent because the advantages of that device are plain to see!

I am back in the YA fiction because it is a devious vortex from which no escape is possible. I have read some great YA novels in the past month:
Technically I am not done with that last one, but I'm half done and really enjoying it. I liked Ship Breaker so much I am thinking I should give Windup Girl another chance. Seriously I LOVE everything I have read by Bacigalupi thus far, so perhaps I didn't give Windup enough time. His story in Wastelands was amazing. I STILL think about it, a year and a half later. It's the only story from that book that I remember in any detail. So good.

I gave Dh Dark Life to read and he really liked it too. I plan on giving him the other two from the list above. I might have to wait on Number Four. Dh hates to start a series before it is completely published. He made it a firm rule after I had him read Hunger Games 1 & 2 and he realized he would have to wait ages to read the 3rd.

Dh is working swing (complete hate) (though wonderfully he switches back to days in a week!!!) so I've been entertaining myself with this* and this. And admittedly, also this. Don't judge me. The longer I watch Doctor Who, the more I love it. My husband thinks I'm loony.

*I have no idea why there is such a lame/weird pic for Witchblade. The show is geekily awesome. Also fantastically unrealistic. Those are the two things I love in a tv show.

3 comments:

Cassie said...

I love your posts and I have missed them!

I'm really glad I stuck with The Wind-Up Girl. It was so odd and although it took me a while to slog through the first 100 pages or so, after that I couldn't put it down.

Neil and Meredith Larson said...

Oh I am so jealous! I have been wanting a food processor ever since I watched the Barefoot Contessa make the perfect never fail crust in one

Unknown said...

Anth, I'm doing a post about 2010 books, is it OK if I link to this? Let me know! :)