Wednesday, July 09, 2008

The Store

"Want to go to the store?" I asked Miss E. She loves to go places, so I knew that would make her happy. I put her shoes on her, got together all the masses of gear needed to travel anywhere with a baby. Dh packed Ace into his car seat and buckled Miss E in. We were off! We had to go to Dh's work first; he had to drop something off. This required driving past T@rget, then backtracking.

I drove past the turnoff to T@rget and Miss E started crying. "I want go store now!" I laughed, then reassured her that after we stopped by Daddy's work, we would go to the store.

As I drove, I pondered the implications of the exchange.
  1. Miss E considers T@rget to be "the store."
  2. She knows the turnoff to T@rget.
  3. She is excited to go there.



To Dh, the implications were simpler: "You go to T@rget too much."

6 comments:

AM said...

Target is friendly, has great deals, is always an adventure, great place to Get Out of The House when the weather is hot with kids! We go there a lot too

Cassie said...

You are raising that girl right. Target rocks!!

Christy said...

That is too funny! We go to Target at least 2 times per week. It is a great way to waste some time during the day.

Margaret said...

That is so cute! Miss E knows what she wants... and that's a trip to Target! Love it.

Texasholly said...

I love that I am not the only one! I told Ellie we were going to the store the other day and when I turned the opposite direction from Target, she freaked out saying, "This way! This way!"

Stefanie said...

We all go to Target too much! I love it.